What is Tweetpond?
Imagine an underwater world where fish are replaced with the latest thoughts from people all over the world. These thoughts fall deeper as they grow older and new ones are displayed on the top as people post them. This is Tweetpond, an ambient visualisation of Twitter.
Why use Tweetpond?
Tweetpond gives you an unobtrusive “feel” of the latest updates on a particular topic by replacing a textual list of tweets with a graphical view. By looking at the screen you can instantly tell the frequency of conversation. The overall tone is calm but fluid.
How does it work?
- Type in keywords at the top-right corner and hit enter to search
- New tweets are loaded regularly (every 2 minutes at most, not real time)
- Click & drag to pan and rotate camera
- Water surface on the top is right now
- Vertical axis is time – as items grow older they fall deeper and deeper
We love feedback!
Share with friends
Email, bookmark or share Tweetpond with your friends on all your favourite social network services: