Imagine an underwater world where fish are replaced with the latest thoughts from people all over the world. These thoughts fall deeper as they grow older and new ones are displayed on the top as people post them. This is Tweetpond, an ambient visualisation of Twitter:
Tweetpond gives you an unobtrusive “feel” of the latest updates on a particular topic by replacing a textual list of tweets with a graphical view. By looking at the screen you can instantly tell the frequency of conversation. The overall tone is calm but fluid.
How does it work?
- Type in keywords at the top-right corner and hit enter to search
- New tweets are loaded regularly (every 2 minutes at most, not real time)
- Click & drag to pan and rotate camera
- Water surface on the top is right now
- Vertical axis is time – as items grow older they fall deeper and deeper
We love feedback!
Tweetpond is an experiment by Volkside. This is a very early release and we’d love to get your feedback on how to refine and improve it!
Here’s a few questions to get you started:
- What do you think about the Tweetpond concept?
- How do you or would you use Tweetpond?
- What would you like to be able to do with it that you can’t?
- What’s working well? What needs further attention?
Please leave your comments below